Reporting Possible Violations in the Preservation Area
Question:  I see activity at a certain address in the North Meridian Street Preservation Area.  Are any MSPC approvals needed
for this work?  Have the necessary approvals been obtained?

Answer:  Contact the MSPC Chair, Shannon Norman, at Shannon.Norman@indy.gov.
Question: I have observed activity on a property that I know does not have approval.  How do I report it so the work can be

Answer:  Contact the Mayor's Action Center at 317.327.4622 (ask for your Mayor's Neighborhood Advocate for the property
address in violation) and / or contact the Chair of the MSPC, Shannon Norman at Shannon.Norman@indy.gov
Question:  Work has been completed on a property in the North Meridian Street Preservation Area that I suspect did not receive
MSPC approval.  Who do I call?

Answer:  Email: Shannon.Norman@Indy.gov first to make certain that approval was necessary and, if so, to determine if
approval was obtained from the MSPC.
Question:  Who do I call to report trash in yards, broken windows, vacant homes with problems or other environmental problems?

Answer: Call Lynne Lynch of the Marion County Health Department at 317.221.2374.
Note:  When filing a report or making an inquiry, you may ask that your identity remain anonymous to others.

For answers to other frequently asked questions involving the MSPC, please click here.

Page Updated February 12, 2017

Copyright @ 2008 - 2017   Meridian Street Preservation Commission.  All rights reserved.

Meridian Street Preservation Commission

The North Meridian Street Preservation Area
Indianapolis, IN